Pin It button on image hover

Friday 27 December 2019

Faux Stitching and Tree Landscapes (by Julie)


Hello, hope you all enjoyed your Christmas celebrations. I have a selection of cards to show today that I made for Chocolate Baroque's November, Hochanda TV shows.


My first is a DL card stamped with the Small Graph Paper design. There is a chain link design that comes with the stamp set and I used it to make the stitched design on top of the graph paper image. The back ground has been coloured with Distress ink and the distress stamp is from Freedom Flower.
The sentiments are from Journal Today


Following on the theme of stitching, I decided to make the small graph paper stamp look like a cross stitch design by stamping the flower from Freedom Flower over the top. I then mounted it onto some frayed burlap fabric. The background has been coloured with Distress inks and over stamped with the distress stamp from Freedom Flower. The sewing images are from Haberdashery
I finished the design off by colouring in the squares on the thin strip of graph paper from Freedom Flower to form Happy Birthday, much like you would on a cross stitch design.


This tree design is on the reverse of a recycled hanging ornament that I bought from my local supermarket. I stamped the tree from Remembrance Tree and the small tree from O is for... using an oil based dye ink that dries permanent. I then applied texture paste with a pallet knife to form the hills and when it was dry I coloured with Distress inks and gilding waxes. I made a mask for the sun/moon before colouring the background with Distress inks. I sealed the picture with a glitter spray varnish.


My last card is stamped with O is for.... The main central image was stamped with a blue, dye based ink and coloured with polychromos pencils. The background has then been stamped with the small tree that comes in the set and the edge was stamped with the distress stamp from Freedom Flower.

Thanks for stopping by and please call back soon for more Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

2 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!