Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 22 March 2020

Doodle Delight (by Julie)

Today marks my last post for Chocolate Baroque as I make way for a shiny, new design team member. I have loved my time on the team, however it is time to move on, so I will get on with showing you my last three projects.


My first card is stamped with Doodle Bird and is a very clean and simple design.
I inked up the flower and rose head images with red and green dye ink and stamped around the card edge. Some of the images are lighter than others and that is because I stamped twice before re-ink the stamp. I added in the dragonfly and butterfly images and coloured the butterfly with polychromos pencils.
The card was finished off with a sentiment from Snowdrop Script before being mounted onto red card-stock.


My second card has been stamped with Doodle Butterfly Once all of the main images were stamped I applied Broken China Distress ink over the entire card before outlining the stamped images with a coloured fine liner pen. I then darkened the edge of the card with Hickory Smoke Distress ink before over stamping with the net image from Rustic Fragments and finishing off with white paint pen dots.



My last project was created on one of Chocolate Baroque's whiteboard tags. I inked up the letters from Edgey Edges with a red dye ink and stamped onto the left edge of the tag, before inking up the pattered image from the same stamp set, using a purple dye ink and stamping onto the right edge of the tag. I applied purple dye ink around the edges of the tag before outlining with a marker pen. Decorative twine was wound around the tag before stamping the bird (from Doodle Birds) onto spare card, cutting out and sticking onto the front of the tag with 3d foam pads along with the word "Journal"

Thanks for stopping by and please call back soon for more Design Team inspiration

Julie xx

5 comments:

  1. These are lovely Julie and I especially like your second make. I really like the touches of white against the dark shading around the edge of your card, it works really well. Thank you for your makes and good luck with your future ventures x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful set of cards. Thanks for your inspiration.
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three beautiful creations Julie and thank you for all your inspiring makes as a DT member, and I wish you all the best for the future. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!