Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 31 October 2021

Stepping back in time part 3 by Zoe

Good morning Lovelies and welcome to my final post this month featuring some of my older favourite creations.

I was unable to make samples for last months shows unfortunately.

This was an interesting technique and such fun.
Starting off by just adding colours to the card, I used a blending tool and Distress inks but anything to get loads of colour would be fine, I then stamped the flowers and very carefully painted around the with Gesso, it tones down the colour without obliterating it completely, then second generation stamped the script using a grey ink, just to add more texture without taking the beauty of the flowers away.


This card I used a textured cardstock and a die to create a doily style layer for my Greyboard heart which had been sploshed about in Distress Oxide inks on a mat with water to create a marble type background.



Thank you so much for spending time and visiting today.

Happy crafting and see you next month xx Zoe xx 

2 comments:

  1. Two beautiful creations Zoe and I love the way the brightly coloured flowers stand out against the background tones having been softened using a coating of gesso, and the greyboard heart is very prettily coloured with a washy mix of Oxide inks and the flowers, bird and sentiment look fabulous over the top. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful card Zoe and the colours on the first one are stunning! I actually think that I have that stamp but it's never been inked up,so many thanks for the inspiration x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!