Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 13 October 2021

Beautiful Book Cover (by Carole)

Hello everyone, our regular Guest Design Team member Carole is back with us this month, she will be sharing some inspirational projects with us for the next three weeks. The first is a beautiful book cover. 

Carole writes:

Hello everyone.

I am pleased to be back for this GDT spot again.. hope you like what I have to show you.

For my first project I decided to cover my sample book, something I have wanted to do for ages! I keep a visual record of the stamps I receive for Chocolate Baroque samples in an A4 book and then cross reference this to my storage boxes. It has been looking decidedly tatty for ages as it is well used. Most of the initial time was taken up deciding on a plan and colours and what stamps to use. Always a tough one, but got there eventually, and tried to keep out of my comfort zone for colour. 

So here it is.

Once I had cut the paper to size, I clear embossed some leaves then coloured over them with Wild Honey Distress Ink, to emphasise the embossed areas.

This was overstamped with a selection of stamps from various sets.

The flowers were stamped with Versafine Sepia and cut out, as were some of the butterflies. These were coloured with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink, Dried Marigold and watercolour pencils, then stuck down.


I haven't decided on the back yet, but it will probably be a simpler design.

Once everything was stuck down securely I sprayed it with a matt sealant. Hopefully this will protect it as it is well used.

Thank you for looking. I was pleased with the result in the end. At least it's easy to find being bright yellow!😊

Hope you like it and enjoy covering a book yourselves.

Stamps used: Essence of Nature, Floral Perfumery, Honeysuckle Butterfly and various other grasses and sentiments from different sets.

Colours used: Wild Honey, Aged Mahogany, Dried Marigold, Weathered Wood to add to the edges.

Back next week for a different sample.

Happy Crafting

Carole

 

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty look Carole and I love the bright and beautiful colours and you have made a super design with these three great sets. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant and delicate. I love the effect you achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very sweet and lovely book cover, the pink and yellow looks so pretty! Love so much the flowers and butterflies and also the embossed details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!