Pin It button on image hover

Friday 15 October 2021

Lupins And Chrysanthemums (Tracy Thompson)

 Hello Blogging friends, I'm back today with my second post for this month with two more creations I created for September's show on The Craft Store.


For my first creation I masked of the centre of the card, then using ink sprayed with water I dabbed my card into the ink creating this marbled effect.  When dry I created a line down each side of the ink in glitter.  I stamped the main image, Lupin Blueprint and fussy cut it out, I coloured it in using inks as watercolours, I placed it in the centre panel using foam pads.   I stamped my sentiment in two parts which is from the Sentiment set called Life Is So Much Better.


For my second creation I thought I'd show you this gift bag, I created a background piece of card as my base, this was done by inking up a piece of card with two shades of ink sprayed with water for a nice muted effect.  From the stamp set Butterfly Mind I randomly stamped a butterfly in a shade of blue to match the background.  I stamped the main image from Chrysanthemum Blueprint on a piece of card, I edged it in ink and then coloured it in pencils, highlighting in white gel pen.  I adhered my image to the background piece, then added a piece of cotton lace across the whole piece before placing it onto the gift bag.

I will see you again towards the end of the month with my final post for October.
Thanks for looking
Happy crafting
Tracy x




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations and such lovely colours you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely creations, so colourful and feminine! Love so much especially the bag with that butterflies background and the white space around the chrysanthemums!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your pretty lupin over the pink background Tracy and lots of dimension with the fussy cutting, and then that wonderful bright blue Chrysanth with those so so pretty butterflies in the background, and a super piece of lace to embellish it. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!