Pin It button on image hover

Friday 22 October 2021

Stamping on Coloured Surfaces (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are keeping well. I have a couple of projects to share with you today showcasing the stamps from last month's shows on The Craft Store.

For my first card, I decided to stamp the main image from the Chrysanthemum Blueprint stamp set onto a piece of die cut grey card. I coloured the image with pencils, choosing a palette of mostly orange and yellow to pop against the grey background. Even the green was a zingy yellowy green hue to stand out against the grey. I added lots of white highlights to lift the image.

I created a background using grey Distress Ink on Drawing Cartridge, which was not too fussy, and left lots of white areas. I felt that this worked well for the darker coloured topper in this instance. As with a lot of my cards, I did not add a sentiment, as I quite often add one when I send a card. This card would be useful for lots of different occasions.


My second card also features a coloured background for the focal image; this time I decided to stamp on kraft card. I stamped the main image from the Allium Blueprint stamp set using Versafine Onyx Black Ink, and coloured it with pencils, as before. I used a tea dyed background, and stamped one of the smaller allium heads using a plum coloured ink. Both layers of card were edged with the plum coloured ink before attaching them to the base card.

Thanks for stopping by, take care,


Judith xx


2 comments:

  1. Two really fabulous backgrounds Judith to accompany the beautifully coloured images, and love the look on both the grey and kraft card using pencils. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!