Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 13 January 2022

Teeny Mail Art by Sandra

Hello, I am sharing some more of my cards from the December show on The Craft Store.

The stamps I have used are

Curiosities

Mail Art and

Teeny Weeny Meadow 

For my first card I cut a piece of smooth white card to look like stamps using my electric cutting machine. I then cut an aperture in a piece of acetate the size of the individual "stamp". I placed the aperture over the card and used Distress Inks to colour each stamp in. Once the ink was dry I used Archival ink and stamps from Curiosities and Mail Art to decorate. I finished by layering onto some black card and then onto a card base.


For my next card I used a stencil to create a background with Distress Inks. I then used stamps from Teeny Weeny Meadow to make a country scene  with trees and ferns in the foreground and leaves hanging down. Sentiment is from the Walk Tall stamp set.


For my last card today I placed a piece of washi tape across my card at horizon level. I then stamped the landmark buildings from Curiosities along the top edge. I also stamped these onto some Masking Tissue, cut them out and covered the stamped images on my card. I blended some inks to create a sunset behind the buildings. Next, I moved the washi tape so that the bottom edge was now on the horizon and used inks to create a watery look. I removed the washi tape and Masking Tissue and stamped the word Postcard from the Mail Art set.  I trimmed my card and adhered to a DL base.


Thanks for looking

Sandra x

3 comments:

  1. Three brilliant makes Sandra and I love the way you have done the first which with its different sections lends itself to using all these small stamps across the one large postage stamp shape, and the pretty scene using the trees is just perfect and finished with one of the super sentiments, but for me the last is the most dynamic with the beautiful orange horizon behind the gold embossed buildings, and with the softly blue for the water in the foreground, just gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea of the stamp shapes for small stamps, it looks so wonderful, love your second with the different trees and great sentiment and your third card is "worldly" and wonderful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three really lovely cards and all so very different. I really like the simplicity of your third card and the beautiful sunrise behind the scene is all it needed, just perfect! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!