Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 8 January 2022

The Versatility of Damask by Doreen

The Versatility of Damask 

Firstly I would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year, I do hope you all enjoyed a good Christmas too.

My first projects today use the Damask Panel perfect for using in its own right or as a background which is how I chose to use this background which I have taken from my stash of Brusho pieces. I also used one of the many beautiful butterflies from the Chocolate Baroque selection.

I stamped the butterfly using a Versafine Clair Nocturne inkpad and then covered the whole of the stamp in Versamark the colour comes from Salvaged Patina and Kitsch Flamingo embossing glazes sprinkled onto the Versamark and heat embossed.






The second is a heart shaped sample using Distress Inkpads on an acrylic block which is spritzed with a little water and a swiping action straight across the Damask Panel onto the  background. Then I stamped the Song Thrush onto  a piece of card and painted using the same Distress Inkpad colours used for the background, then I fussy cut the large flower to decorate the Panel. Shape the flower and apply using Silicone Glue Gel to apply to the heart. Use a light varnish or spray to give a sheen and then put ribbon through hole to hang.



The final sample shows a background using a Soft Form Copper and a Gold Relief Paste applied directly to the stamp and left to dry overnight. I also used the Song Thrush to decorate this card just cutting out desired elements and applying to the background using a strong PVA glue.


Thank you for looking in today

Love Doreen

2 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!