Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 1 November 2014

Rich shades of Autumn by Miranda



Hi there,

Yes, me again.........this time with one of my favorites....toadstools. I love them in all their varieties, they have something magical........I had some beautiful ones in my garden, they stood under the ' weeping birch' looking great with a few rays of sunlight and I wanted to take a photo.......I forgot and  the next day they were already black and gone.......so I've learned a lesson.......when you see something that beautiful just take your camera and shoot......

I've made a background using Distress inks and spattered with water to create some texture. I stamped the toadstools along a torn piece of paper and masked them to stamp a few more. At the top I stamped some of the leaves. I have been coloring with twinkling H2O's. The die cuts are also made of   some inky left overs. I also used some white Pan Pastel to create a misty effect between the toadstools and leaves.

I've used the Autumn Poppy sheet here.


Here you can see the lovely shine of the twinkle. H2O's.........



And now on to number 2...........I think my favorite.....like the vibrant colors and crispiness of it all.......
I've used the Autumn edges sheet here.


I've made a background using Distress inks and some fine salt to create some texture....... I've coloured the toadstool border with color pencils and gave white gel pen accents. I had already die cut a lot leaves from a piece of inked up paper........always comes in handy with so many Autumn cards.......

a closer look.......



Well, hope to have inspired you.......thanks for your visit and always like to read your comments or questions!

Autumn greet,


23 comments:

  1. Oh, mein Gott, ich bin wieder total verzaubert von diesen herrlichen herbstlichen Kreationen.
    Miranda, du hast ein "Händchen" für ganz besonders schöne Karten.
    Du zauberst mir jedes Mal ein Lächeln ins gesicht.
    Dankeschön dafür <3

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are stunning, I'm off for a walk in the woods to see if I can find anything remotely as gorgeous!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Miranda
    As always the colours are beautiful ..I love Autumn shades too!
    Love Marg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible! They really are stunning projects Miranda. TFS How you made these. I can't stop looking at these and the projects from yesterday's post :)
    Hugs, Flo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miranda, you completely capture the essence of Autumn here. Your colours are as always so perfect and I can imagine the pleasure you had in making these recreate the spirit of autumn. I love the colouring and the added die cuts are gorgeous. The white highlighting really brings the designs to life. Whoever receives these cards (if you can bear to part with them) would be a very happy bunny!!! Elaine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are lovely, thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both so beautiful and they both have elements which I adore. The H2O's add gorgeous twinkly highlights on the first and love the dimensional flower and leaves. I love the background colour on the second and the colours and highlights on the toadstools, and all those die cut leaves using paper you've coloured yourself work perfectly. I like how you have frosted some of the leaves with either glitter or sparkly embossing powder, I'm not sure which. TFS Miranda. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh to be such an artist as you and the Divine . Hard to believe these are stamps .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely fabulous work, they look real

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two absolutely stunning cards
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful, love the colours - first one is my favourite, great misty effect

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wat een prachtige warm kleuren, zo mooi weer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, gorgeous compositions and fall cards! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  14. so stunning - I adore these xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Miranda - you never cease to amaze me with your stunningly beautiful cards! These are both so magical - I love the soft, ethereal feel they both have & such gorgeous colouring.
    You're an inspiration!
    all the best, Liz M x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the way you have used two different watercolour background techniques for the two cards as well as a different way of adding white highlights on each card. The second is my favourite for the linear design is especially appealing (the Rule of Thirds springs to mind with your various bands of motifs). I particularly like the way you have used the white edges of the die cut leaves to help accentuate your white highlighting.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks everyone, I've enjoyed to read your comments! Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, die paddestoelenborder is super icm de mooie bladeren! En de 1e kaart is een stukje dat je zo uit een tuin geplukt kon hebben; prachtig! Groetjes, Gerrina

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seeing the first picture on your post, I wondered if it was ceramics...but it was paper after all! Love the effect of light that you acheived on the cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!