Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 26 April 2017

Easel Drawer Card (by Brenda)

Hello everyone, today sees the final visit of the month from our Guest Design Team member Brenda. She has created a lovely dimensional project for your inspiration today.

Brenda writes:

My project this week is an easel drawer card. It's a very long while since I made one of these, but I had the idea to do something with Easter eggs, using the beautiful new Russian Floral Egg which Lesley launched on Hochanda TV a few weeks ago.

After making the box elements, (a link to the instructions are below if anyone would like them), I stamped the egg with Versafine Onyx Black ink, and heat embossed with detail clear powder. I did the same thing a second time, along with several more flowers, cutting out elements of the second egg and the flowers to decoupage and colouring in with pencils.

Next I used some designer paper to add decorative panels to the sides of the base, drawer and top base panel, and used a silk tassel on the drawer front, threading it through an eyelet. The top and base layers either side of the drawer are stamped with the Large Crackle Background, which is such a useful stamp, and heat embossed with detail clear embossing powder to give a resist, then inked with Distress Inks.

The sentiment is from the Words of Inspiration stamp set, which I cut out with an oval die, and inked the edges with the same colour Distress Ink. I fixed it to the card with foam pads and finally added the flowers.....and of course put the mini chocolate eggs into the drawer, but they may not last very long!

If anyone would like to make one of these, the instructions are posted on a tutorial on my blog here, it's a long while ago since I wrote it, but the principal remains the same as it did then.



Thank you Brenda for your beautiful project and detailed instructions. Brenda will be back with us later in the year.

7 comments:

  1. Stunning and very clever make xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely Brenda. Thank you for sharing and directing us to the tutorial. Off to see how to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How appropriate to use the egg design for this gorgeous easel drawer card, and I love the dimension you have given it with the decoupage, and to fill it with lovely creme eggs too. I can't eat chocolate at the moment but looking at this is making me wish I could..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing gift for someone!! This easel drawer card is just a delight with the gourgous floral egg stamp!! All the detail you put in it look fabulous!! Great choice of colours and love the dimension of the flowers and the leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's lovely :) I shall head over and check out your instructions now, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous Brenda, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!