Pin It button on image hover

Friday 14 April 2017

More Russian Inspired Projects (by Judith)

Hello everyone, do you have a favourite from the new stamps that we are showcasing this month? For me I guess it would have to be the lovely Katya, the image is such a versatile stamp, and can be used in so many different colour options and settings. I have so many ideas for this stamp floating around in my head.

I have a card to share with you that was shown on the recent TV shows on Hochanda. I stamped the image first onto a piece of smooth watercolour paper, then masked the image, before creating a background, using Distress Inks. I placed a stencil slightly offset to one side of the stamped image, and added some blue ink through the stencil. I heat set the background with a heat tool, and then stamped and embossed the Large Crackle Backround stamp around the edge of the background, using Versamark and gold embossing powder.

I removed the mask, and coloured the image using water based markers, using shades of blue and yellow to tone in with my background colours. Finally I chose a lime green card to mat the background onto, before I adhered everything to my card base.

I have also created a very chocolately Easter card, perfect for this time of year. I found a shimmery background in my stash of left over background pieces, which was just the right colour. I stamped and embossed the Russian Floral Egg stamp all over the background, using Versamark and copper embossing powder.

I spread some Soft Form Relief Paste-Copper over the stamp, and left it overnight to set. Once the paste had set to a film, I peeled it away from the stamp, and trimmed the edges neatly. I added a little bit of gilding wax in a chocolate brown colour, just for a bit of definition.

I added a thick band of dark brown ribbon to the background, before matting it onto some dark brown card. Finally, I adhered the egg with strong double sided tape. It looks just like a foil wrapped Easter egg, good enough to eat!

Do keep checking back for more inspiration from my Design Team mates over the rest of the month using these fabulous stamps. Wishing you all a very Happy Easter, Judith xx

11 comments:

  1. Both beautiful, but the second is a such a stunning one! Great way to use the egg-stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Beautiful. especially the first I find beautiful. Janny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Judith. Thank you for sharing and your inspiration..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both lovely cards but really like your chocolate egg!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous cards, beautifully designed and coloured, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two fantastic cards Judith. I love the blues and greens with the wonderful Katya image, which you have coloured beautifully and I love the doily stencilling and crackle stamping which adds lots of interest to the background. The soft form relief paste on the faberge egg makes it look good enough to eat and the repeat stamping and the dark brown ribbon finish it so prettily. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fabulous projects with amazing backgrounds!!! Love very much the colours and the textures you have created for both them!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both your projects today, very inspiring - thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful cards, Judith. Love them!
    Corinne x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!