Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 12 April 2017

Primrose Card (by Brenda)

Hello everyone, today sees the first of three posts this month from one of our regular Guest Designers, Brenda Weatherill. Breanda has created a lovely Spring themed card for your enjoyment.

Brenda writes:

Using a circle die, I cut an aperture into a 6 x 6 piece of card and then stamped the primroses from the Glorious Spring stamp set and coloured them in with pencils.

I then took a slightly smaller piece of card and using a circle mask for the sun I created a background with Pan Pastels. Taking the rabbit image from the same stamp set, I masked over the branch before inking the stamp with Archival Black Ink, so that I was left with just the rabbit and the rocks.

I stamped one of my favourite sentiments from the Words of Inspiration stamp set. I used foam pads to raise the aperture layer, added green card as a backing, and mounted the background onto a card base.

Thank you Brenda for an inspirational design. Brenda will be back next week, with another project to share,


11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I love this sentiment xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely spring card, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a stunning card, I love Brenda's artwork x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card to brighten the day. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful how on this one the frame makes that it stands out so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Brenda, and I adore the primroses border and then the lovely detail on the inset circle with the cute rabbit and prettily detailed background and a great sentiment too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Brenda fabulous sky and beautiful Primrose stamp
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!