Pin It button on image hover

Monday 3 April 2017

Russian Tryptich (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are enjoying the projects shared by my Design Team mates showcasing the fabulous new stamps that were aired on the recent TV shows on Hochanda. If you caught the shows, you will have seen the project that I am going to share with you today.

To create my project, I covered a wooden tryptich with pale pink acrylic paint, and I then stamped Katya and the Russian Floral Egg onto some pale scrapbook paper, using brown ink. I stamped the Large Crackle Background over the top using second generation stamping, as I did not want the crackle stamp to overpower the images. I used the same brown ink as before. I coloured the images with pencils, choosing a fairly muted colour palette, in keeping with an old religious icon that you might find in a church or museum. I added some brown shading around the edges of each section, just with the edge of a pencil, before adhering each section to the tryptich.

I covered the back of the tryptich with a very pretty serviette, using a matte medium adhesive. I chose a design that looked very ornate with gold swirls and a dark base, as I wanted quite a mediaeval feel to the design.

I added gilding wax to the edges of the triptich in shades of green and gold to give an older feel to the piece.

I hope that my project will give you some ideas for using these beautiful stamps, not just for home decor pieces, but for your card making too. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

11 comments:

  1. OMG Judith, I absolutely love this, had seen it on the show and was bowled over by it, didn't realise you'd created it.
    Stunning work you've made it look just like a real Russian triptych, the back of the piece is gorgeous, what a gift it would make Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh ... Wow this is beautiful. Janny

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a real WOW creation Judith and the colours just muted enough to give it the feeling of age, and the stamps are so perfect for this and the back is as beautiful as the front. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Judith. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Wow!!! This wooden tryptich is just stunning!! Such a creative work of art!! Amazed by the way how you made the front and the back!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is a stunning piece Judith. The stamps suit the triptych shape perfectly and with the muted colours you've chosen it really does look like an old church icon. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing, just amazing!! A true work of ART!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exquisite creation!!!
    Love your tryptich Judith, so beautiful and well done! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea to do a triptych, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw it there and think it was the hit of the show!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!