Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 23 April 2017

Babushka and Katya (by Julie)


Hello again, Julie here to show you two more card ideas with the fabulous new designs Chocolate Baroque have for you this month.

For my first card I coloured the base with Distress inks and stamped the Silhouette Palaces along the top and bottom of the card. I placed the mask of Silhouette Palace 1 onto watercolour card and spritzed with spray inks. Remove the mask and leave to dry then colour the palace with Distress inks. Cut out, mount onto black card and attach to the base card. Using the dolls from the Babushka set, ink up with Onyx Black Versafine and stamp onto separate stamping card. Colour with brush markers, cut out and attach to the front with 3d glue gel.


For my second card I have stamped Katya onto black card and heat embossed with silver. I coloured her with Antique Bronze, Brushed Pewter and Tarnished Brass Distress Stain. I dabbed the Brushed Pewter around the edge of the card and mounted onto silver mirri card that I had stamped with the Large Crackle Background
For the background I stamped the Silhouette Palaces with Onyx Black Versafine and then with a sweeping motion I applied Antique Bronze, Brushed Pewter and Tarnished Brass Distress Stain. The Distress Stains seemed to blend really well on their own but I just helped them along with a dab of a baby wipe here and there. I mounted the card onto mirri card as before that I had stamped with the Large Crackle Background. As it is mirri card I used black Staz on for this job.

Thanks for popping by

Julie xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Julie, so very different from each other but equally brilliant, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two brilliant cards Julie. Love them both. Thank you for sharing. Hope you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, and love expecially the first one with that amazing background for the palaces!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two very pretty cards Julie, and love the contrast with the dark silhouettes in the background and then the masking and spraying for a lighter finish with just some soft colouring on the topper, and the sweet babushka dolls over the top. The second card with Katya on dark card makes it look like a negative photo and love the soft metallic colours, and then the lighter background with again the dark silhouette palaces which gives good contrast. The crackle stamping looks great on the silver mirri card too. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely cards, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!