Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 16 April 2017

Beautiful Katya and Castles in the Sky (posted by Claire)

Good morning crafty friends, I hope you're all having a lovely Easter weekend. Today I'm sharing a project featuring the beautiful Katya. She's such a stunner I thought she deserved a pretty frame.


To decorate the plastic frame I applied gilding glue and then adding gilding flakes here and there and dusted mica powders over the rest.

I created a background with distress inks (bundled sage, Wilted Violet and Shaded Lilac) and overstamped using the Large Crackle Background stamp using purple chalk ink. I stamped Katya onto white stamping card and coloured her with alcohol markers. I also stamped her onto acetate with versamark and embossed with Gold Embossing Powder. I then cut Katya out and glued her to the background. I then cut her headdress out from the acetate and layered that up with tiny blobs of silicone glue. I added a few little gems here and there.


I then stamped the sentiment (from Artistic Expressions) with purple chalk ink on some gold vellum. I tore the strip out and rolled the edges around a cocktail stick to make a little scroll.

Here's another project made using the new Russian goodies

I took a canvas board and applied navy blue acrylic paint, with some black blended around the edges. Once that was dry I spritzed with a black glimmer mist. I made the clouds using white gesso applied with a natural sponge. I added highlights with white pearlescent acrylic paint. I took the Silhouette Palace 1 Stencil and applied black gesso. Once that was dry I added a little more of the cloudy effect along the bottom edge and some white highlights here and there.

I hope you're all enjoying the new stamps and stencils as much as we are
Thanks for visiting today, hope to see you again soon
Claire xx




10 comments:

  1. Oh my!!! Looooove so much the first one project!! The frame looks wonderful, who says that it's plastic?? Gorgous, just gorgous!! Thanks for sharing how you made it! And your work with Katia stamp really stunned me, such great idea put the stamp on acetate and cut out the inside of the headdress!Fab dimension and colours!!!
    Pinned
    https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524489465512/

    ReplyDelete
  2. love both your projects here the First one is stunning but the second has such a mysterious quality . Love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both the projects. They are brilliant. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two stunning projects but the second one is just gorgeous, so atmospheric.
    Thanks for sharing how this was done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gorgeous work!!!!
    Love the dark atmosphere on the canvas too, fabulous.
    Happy Easter, Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous projects Claire, I love Katya and you've coloured her beautifully, stunning frame too.
    Your canvas is so dramatic, wonderful stamping and colours, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely artwork Claire and I love how you've decorated the frame to match. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The first looks like an icoon and the 2nd is so dramy...beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fabulous creations Claire and Katya looks wonderful and love the idea of the gold embossing on to acetate for her headdress which gives her a really oppulent look to match the bright gilding on the frame. The castle in the clouds is really ethereal and full of atmosphere and a clever design. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are both fabulous - what talent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!