Pin It button on image hover

Friday 6 July 2018

Cup and Saucer (by Rachel)

Hello everyone, today we are welcoming our regular contributor Rachel Fisher as a permanent member of our regular Design Team. Rachel has been a member of our Guest Design Team for a long time, and also supports us by making projects for the TV shows on Hochanda. We are delighted to have Rachel on the Team. You will be able to see inspiration from Rachel such as the fabulous project below cropping up on the Design Team blog each month from now on.

Hello there! Its Rachel here today with my first post for the main design team - I was delighted to be asked - thanks Lesley, David and Judith!

I thought I had better make a ceramic piece my first one - this is the one I painted for the June show using the scrumptious succulents stamp sheet.

To get the images onto the pottery I use a brayer to get a thin layer of glaze then dip the stamp and apply it to the pot. This surface was tricky as its not straight! After doing the stamping I use more glaze to paint the images prior to it getting fired.



The whole pot has a final glaze on top prior to firing but the place I visit to do this - PottyRoos in Morecambe -do this bit! 

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Big hugs

Rachel xx

8 comments:

  1. Wow!! Your ceramic cup and saucer are breathtaking! Such creative way to use the CB stamps! This is a truly piece of ART!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cup and saucer, I think it shows up better than it did on TV

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning! fabulous!
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Rachel, you are a fabulous asset to the DT.
    Love this, beautifully stamped, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. These ceramic pieces are absolutely amazing! Very detailed and talented work. Thanks for the share, loved seeing this. Hope you have a nice weekend. Can't wait to see another piece!
    World of Animals

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pottery Rachel. Thank you for sharing this. I love doing pottery and make all my own pots etc.,

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!