Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 27 September 2020

Choose Your Own Colours (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a couple of projects to share with you today showcasing the beautiful stamps that were on last month's TV shows on Hochanda. Both projects feature the lovely Parsley Clock stamp set.

 My first project is a very clean and simple card, and I started out by die cutting a large circle from a piece of drawing cartridge. I stamped the images from the stamp set across the bottom of the circle, and coloured them with pencils. I added some shading to the background loosely with Distress Inks, not worry about getting to close to the images, as this gave a feeling of a cloudy sky, leaving patches of white.

I went around the edge of the circle with a pair of scissors to give a distressed finish before attaching it a piece of Textured Art Card and then to a white card blank.

To create my second project, I painted a small canvas with acrylic paint in various pastel shades. I stamped the large Parsley Clock onto tissue paper, and coloured the image with pencils. I went around the image with a wet brush, and gently pulled away any excess tissue paper, leaving a ragged edge. I added matte medium to the reverse of the image, and adhered it to the canvas.I added more matte medium to the image to blend it into the canvas.

I added some background stamping using grey Archival ink, a sentiment from the same stamp set, and the very useful splatter from the Floral Clock stamp set.You could recreate something very similar to this in card form, but I really like making these canvases, they do not take very long at all. I have not coloured my parsley regulation white in either case, but I wanted to show that you can choose to colour your flowers however you like, there are no rules. Just go with the flow and enjoy yourself.

I hope that you have enjoyed what I have shared with you this month, and will try out some of my projects for yourself. Thanks for stopping by, take care and stay safe.


Judith xx


 

3 comments:

  1. Two beautiful cards Judith. I like your use of the splatter stamp on your second card, I imagine that will be a really little stamp x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of the new stamp, both you cards are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!