Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 26 September 2020

Parsley, sage, rosemary and time? (By Rachel)

Hello there, Rachel here with my final showcase of the month - this time i have focussed on the Parsley Clock stamp set but the Florl clock has snook in again at the end! 

For this first card I stamped the image in black ink and set it with clear embossing powder. I only added colour to the plant and butterfly - not parsley coloured I know but I thought it could easily represent other flora. I painted the image using mica powders. The background of the card was created using distress oxides and blending the pastel shades together before adding some random stamping using the smaller stamp from the set.


This second was was directly onto one of Lesley's postcards and again I stamped in black versafine and heat set with clear embossing powder. I added colour to the 'parsley' using paint. The smaller image was then used all over the back of the card.


My final piece is one that I kept for myself - another pottery piece but this time a jug for flowers. I painted the images in glaze then this piece went into the kiln.


I used the floral clock on the other side. Although the jug cost me £25 and a few hours of work I hope you'll agree its worth it - I love it!


Enjoy your day!
Rachel x
 

6 comments:

  1. Love the jug Rachel, especially like you used both sets - well worth the effort xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing makes, and the £25 was definitely worth it, all are just stupendous.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable creations. Love especially the potteries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful artwork Rachel and you really have showcased these gorgeous stamps. I love them all but I adore the last jug. You could seriously start your own pottery business x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful and inspiring creations, shows how versatile one stamp can be. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two gorgeous cards using the Parsley Clock Rachel and love the both the soft and bright colours and some wonderful background stamping on both, and that jug is absolutely gorgeous using the Floral Clock and love the way you have covered both sides of it and in the most beautiful way. Definitely one for yourself. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!