Pin It button on image hover

Friday 18 September 2020

Magic mushrooms (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all keeping well.  I have a couple of vibrant projects to share with you today using stamps from The Shroom Clock stamp set featured on last month's TV shows from Hochanda.


My first project was created by using a background from my stash created with turquoise and green Brushos. I stamped the mushrooms onto some of the Seriously Gorgeous A6 Postcards using archival Ink, and cut them out. I adhered them to the background, and using a fineliner pen, I created a landscape for them to perch on. I added stamping using the small texture stamp from the plate which matches the mushrooms across the bottom of the background, and coloured the ground with pencils. I added white highlights on the mushrooms with a gel pen.

To finish my card, I stencilled in the sky area using the Chocolate Baroque Mask - Kaleidoscope of Butterflies and some turquoise Distress Ink. Finally, I added a sentiment.


To create my second project, I used another Brusho background, similar in colour to the first, to which I had added some stencilling with white ink to create a bokeh effect. I stamped the large Shroom Clock onto the background, and stamped this again onto a spare piece of card. I coloured the image using Koh-I-Noor watercolours, and cut the image out. I added some splatters of blue ink at the bottom of the background to create a feeling of grass, and added shading at the base of the mushrooms. I decoupaged the image onto the background, and added white highlights with a gel pen once more.

I will be back later in the month with more projects to share, take care, and stay safe,


Judith xx



5 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards Judith and I love your background on the first one. The subtle butterflies look amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, gorgeous colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! I LOVE these, and that mushroom image.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both stunning Judith using the pretty shrooms and love the blue/green backgrounds with the bokeh look using butterflies on one, as well as the traditional circles on the other, and such beautiful colours on the shrooms too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!