Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 12 June 2021

Cloudy Skies (by Judith)

Hello everyone, here are a couple of projects that I created for last month's TV shows on The Craft Store, using the fabulous new house stamps from Kim Moody.

 I created a background using Distress Inks in shades of blue and green. I stamped Luv Shack onto a smaller piece of Drawing Cartridge and masked the image. I stamped a couple of trees from Woodland Design a Tree and extended the hedge using a fineliner pen. I coloured the background using Distress Inks and a blending brush, I used a stencil over the top with more Distress Inks to add the clouds. I added foliage to the trees and grass using stamps from Glade Design a Tree stamp set. The image was coloured with pencils. I edged both pieces of card with ink to create more definition before I adhered them to the base card. Finally, I added a sentiment from Say it Vertically.

To create my second card, I chose three of the houses - Luv Shack, Cotswold Stone, Urban Chic, and stamped them on a piece of Drawing Cartridge, masking them as I went along. I coloured the background with Distress Ink, and coloured the images with pencils. I added a sentiment from Amazing Mackintosh Words. I stamped some foliage from Silhouette Grasses along the front.


 

I will be back later in the month with another project to share with you. Take care and stay safe,

Judith xx

7 comments:

  1. Oh, love both your house cards, they are delicious! The first one is my favourite, is just amazing with those vivid colours and the trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are just great, wonderful colours, great backgrounds and lovely colouring xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vibrant colours. Happy houses. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous houses, I love the flowers in the top one, both are lovely scenes.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty colours - you've really brought the stamps alive. They look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Judith. I especially like the row of houses, they look great x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two fantastic cards Judith and the colours on both are so light and bright and coordinate together beautifully. I love the first with the added clouds and pretty trees with the brightly coloured blossoms and the beautiful peach/brown with the complementary blue for the shutters and door, and then the three houses in a row with another wonderful sky and some lovely silhouette foliage as a frame across the front...gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!