Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 13 June 2021

Orchard Tree

Hello

I am sharing some more of my cards from the May shows on The Craft Store

These cards feature the Orchard Design a Tree stamp set. A very versatile set of stamps.

For my first card I masked off the lower part of my card by tearing a piece of copy paper. This created my snowy landscape. In the upper part of my card I blended different Distress Inks for my sky. I used the darkest shades at the top and on the horizon, a medium shade next to these and finished with my lightest in the centre. I flicked some water over the inked area and blotted with tissue to lift the ink. This made it look like it was snowing. I then stamped the larger of the trees twice in black. I added a little shadow under the trees and a sentiment from Life is So Much Better



In contrast, my next card uses the small stamps from the same set. I used my stamping platform to create the wreath effect. I used different shades of green and pink inks and the flower and foliage stamps. I finished by adding small splatters of pink, green and black ink and a sentiment from Artistic Affirmations
Thanks for looking

Sandra x

9 comments:

  1. Wow!! Love so much how you used Orchard Design a Tree in the first card!! Gorgeous design! A great idea making a winter landscape and the sky is just fabulous!
    The wrath is so pretty as well, another inspirations to use the smallest stamps of the set!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing wintry sky on the first card and I love the tiny detail on that wreath on your second card. Great samples xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are lovely but I adore the winter scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both lovely cards Sandra but I absolutely adore the first one. I love the layout and the colours in the background are beautiful. This is one of my absolute favourite samples x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful winter scene with the snow and a wonderful coloured sky Sandra, and such a great idea to use the blossoms to make a wreath with a lovely sentiment within it. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your lovely comments x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!