Pin It button on image hover

Friday 17 December 2021

Autumn Time & A Subtle Butterfly (by Tracy Thompson)

 


Today I am sharing some more creations made for the November's shows.  For my first card I used Distress Oxides to make my background, simply by applying the ink to my glass mat, spraying with water and smooching my card into it.  I left the top right hand corner white to break it up a bit, and for a place to add my sentiment which is from the Harmony Tree set.  I stamped the large tree from the stamp set Trees A crowd, using some oxide I coloured in some grass around the base of the tree.



For this creation I did something a little different to my normal style, I really enjoyed playing with this technique which I was inspired to do after watching Lesley's workshop on shading with pencil.  So I started by stamping the Butterfly from the stamp set Happy Flower's Day  I shaded the butterfly using just normal HB pencils, then using a stencil and Distress Oxide inks in several colours created a background.  It's a very clean and simple card, but effective.

Thank you for allowing me to show you my cards, I will be back towards the end of the month with some more.

Thank you
Happy crafting
Tracy x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Tracy love the tree xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous looks Tracy using the wonderful tree from the Trees A Crowd set with that bright and beautiful smooshed background, and the delicate pencil colouring of the butterfly on the second looks great with the softly blended colour for the stencil background. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tracy, these are both gorgeous and so very different. I love the inkyness of your first card and the second one is so delicate.....great artwork x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!