Pin It button on image hover

Friday 3 December 2021

Hearts and Flowers (by Sandra)

Hello, I'm sharing some of my cards from the November show on The Craft Store.

My first card uses the beautiful Magnolia stamp from Happy Flower's Day. I stamped the magnolia in Memento ink onto smooth white cardstock and coloured with alcohol markers. I added a sentiment from the same set and some splatters from Numerology


My next card uses the Artist Trading Heart stamp set.  I stamped the heart with archival ink and carefully cut it out. I then stamped the butterfly from Happy Flower's Day into the heart and coloured with pencils. I blended some Distress Ink around the edges of the heart, going lighter towards the centre. I made a few light pencil marks on the card base where the heart would be placed and used the small leafy stamps from Filigree Trading Hearts to create a border around the heart. I added the number stamp and sentiment and then adhered the heart to the card with foam pads.

My next card uses A Heart Full of Love stamp set. I stamped this pretty image in Memento Ink and coloured with alcohol markers. I added a sentiment from Artist Trading Heart as I thought it very apt.


My last card to share today. I stamped this corner stamp from A Heart Full of Love using my stamping platform and Archival Ink. I then coloured with water colour pencils. I stamped the sentiment onto a die cut and mat and layered all pieces onto a 8x8 card base.

Thanks for looking

Sandra x

3 comments:

  1. I love your classic quite simple approach on these cards Sandra and your colours and colouring are beautiful. I especially love the last with the pretty square design using the flower stamp four times and finished perfectly with the circle sentiment. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all beautiful cards Sandra but I'm really drawn to the simplicity of your first card, it's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!