Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 5 December 2021

Rainbows & Reflections (By Tracy Thompson)

 I would like to share a couple of creations I did for the November Craft Store shows



My first creation is all about reflection. I took the Trees A Crowd stamp set and selected some of the trees, I did a waterline so I could line my trees up, I used a gel plate to make the reflections, then I just built up the colouring creating the scene.  I die cut some frames to put around my images in contrasting colours.



I loved creating this card, now I know it's not for everyone but I have to say I find fussy cutting relaxing.  So to start I chose five colours of Distress inks and then applied them with stencil brushes in  rainbow stripes.  I stamped five butterflies from the stamp set Happy flower's day, and cut them out.  Always cut your image before colouring it as the ink weakens the card and you don't get as crisper cut.  For each butterfly I took the colour from the background so for instance for the pink one I used Kitsch Flamingo, I then picked two other co-ordinating colours, Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry to shade and colour the butterfly.  I then proceeded to do the other butterflies in the same way.
I stamped the butterfly image on the background where I wanted the butterflies positioned, then glued the cut out butterflies over the top with the wings free and shaped.  All I did then was added a sentiment from the set.

I hope to see you later in the month for some more of my samples from the shows.

Happy crafting
Tracy x

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards Tracy and I especially like the butterfly one as the colours are gorgeous and it's a real feel good card. It makes me feel happy just looking at it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two brilliant cards Tracy, and I love the pretty scene within that interestingly shaped frame with a brilliant reflection using your gelli plate, and the five butterflies which look fabulous with each one place over the corresponding colour on the background, such a great idea. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!