Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 8 December 2021

Mini Envelope and Card (by Julia)

For today's post I have made a 'mini' envelope and card.


I die cut an envelope using double sided card.

You could also use a template or ready made small envelope.

I then measured and cut a piece of white card to fit inside the envelope.

I stamped the large stamp from The Folk Art Garden set using Black Versafine Clair ink pad.

I then cut the card around the butterfly to fit on the front of the envelope.

I used a corner rounder on both pieces of card.

Using Antique Linen Distress Oxide and a spritz of water on a mat I mopped up with both cards.

I coloured the stamped image keeping to sepia tones and then edged with a walnut stain, then glued it to the front of the envelope.

On the plain card insert I used a vintage photo ink and inked different areas of the stamp to give a collage effect.

Edge the card with walnut stain ink.

I then stamped the sentiment onto an oval of card, edge again with the walnut stain and glue onto the oval card, add gold gems and a couple of small flowers to finish.

I hope you enjoy using a large stamp in a different way.

Happy crafting.

Julia x

 

 

 


 

 

4 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!