Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 12 December 2021

Beautiful Trees (by Sandra)

 Hello, I'm sharing some more of my cards from the November show on the Craft Store.

My first card uses Trees a Crowd. I started with a 18cm piece of card and using a stencil I blended Distress Oxides to create my background scene and moon. I spritzed the background with some water and blotted it to give me a snowy effect. I added some sparkle to the moon, but unfortunately it doesn't show on the photo. I then stamped the main bare tree stamp 3 times at different heights. I stamped out a sentiment and mat and layered my pieces onto a 20cm card base,


For my next card I used a roller to apply Versafine Clair ink to my Inky Plate. I cut a strip of card that was as wide as my card base, but narrower and pulled the print. I then used a scrap of copy paper to make a hill and applied ink with a blending brush. I stamped the trees in Archival ink and adhered to my card base. I added the sentiment which was stamped onto a piece of card with a torn edge.


My next card uses the Harmony Tree, Small Graph Paper and Artist Trading Heart stamp sets.

I started by stamping the heart onto a piece of card and masking off the outside. I blended Distress Inks to make my background and then stamped the tree. I used colouring pencils for the tree. I removed the mask and added the chain  as a hanger and added a shadow on the edge of the heart. I finished by adding the sentiment and layering onto a 15cm card base.



My last card today uses the Remembrance Tree stamp set. I used a small piece of watercolour card stock and sprinkled with Brushos which I then sprayed with water. Amazes me every time! Once it was dry I stamped the tree in the lower part and added the words from Remembrance Tree and Harmony Tree.  


Thanks for looking

Sandra x

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and colours and I really like the sense of space on your first card x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just gorgeous all so different, but with a look at Nature in it's best colours.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these examples using the wonderful trees look beautifully and I adore the colours and quite clean looks..so elegant Sandra. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!