Pin It button on image hover

Friday 31 December 2021

Floral Fun

Floral Fun

Hello all, I hope you have now recovered from your Christmas meals and are all suitably satisfied having had a very enjoyable time.

Today I would like to share some of my floral makes from the November Shows. The first shows a simple card using The Snakes Head Fritilary taken from the Happy Flowers Day stamp set. I find it amazing how such a delicate flower can have such beautiful detailed markings, isn't nature just wonderful ?

I stamped this image twice firstly onto a piece of white card and then onto an oval piece of mountboard which I found in my stash.

I coloured just the leaves and some of the stem on the card and just the head of the fritilary on the Mountboard, with a few strokes of the pencil at the bottom of the stem to ground it with some blades of grass. Very easily lined up to mount with double sided foam tape to make a quick, simple but effective card. 


One of my favourite florals so beautiful and needing so little time to make for an effective and easily made card suitable for any number of occasions depending on how you decide to colour it.


Another of the Magnolias how could I resist this is quite simply stamped onto Chocolate Baroque designed card and coloured using Koh-I-Noor Brilliant Water Colour Palette these paints are such a delight to use and the card accepts the watercolour without a problem.


Finally for something a little different from the set, this beautiful Butterfly deserved to be showcased by itself, don't Chocolate Baroque do beautiful butterflies ? 
This is mounted in a small shadow box I have had hanging around for a while now but this stamp was the perfect size to fit it so I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the image and then mounted it into the box having stamped the dictionary explanation of the Butterfly onto a complimentary coloured piece of card. 



 

Many thanks for popping in today, may I also take this opportunity to wish you all a Very Happy New Year.

Love Doreen

2 comments:

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!