Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 3 July 2022

Christmas in July (by Sandra)

Hello everyone, I am sharing some of my cards from the June shows on Create and Craft.

These shows featured  stamps that were to be retired, I really hope you managed to treat yourself as they are no longer available on the website. I am using some of the Christmas stamps today.

For my first card (8x8) I used some pearl card in a deep blue-grey. I took one of the tree stamps from  Christmas Flourish and using my stamping platform I repeat stamped  to form the star shape. I used Versamark ink and embossed in white. I added a sentiment from Let's Get Festive. 


My next card uses New England Winter, one of my favourites! I have made a country scene by using a stencil to put some hills in the background and another stencil for the clouds. I used pale distress inks so that I could colour over the top without masking. I used the main house image as my focal point, added some of the trees to the foreground, the star and the pinecones - all from the stamp set.  I used alcohol markers to colour in. I then mat and layered onto a 8x8 card base.



My last card today uses the star from Christmas Fusion. I stamped and embossed in black onto Kraft card. I then used pencils in shades of blues to colour some of the parts in, leaving the Kraft to show too. I added a sentiment and a gem to the centre. I trimmed down the card and attached to a DL card base.


 I hope I have given you some inspiration and thank you for looking 

Sandra xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!