Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 12 July 2022

Elephants and Dragons! (by Sandra)

Hello I am sharing some more of my cards from the shows on Create and Craft in June.

These shows featured stamps that were to be retired, so I hope you were lucky enough to grab a bargain!

My first card uses Paisley Elephant. 
I started by stamping the small Paisley stamp all over my base card in blues and purples. On another piece of card I stamped the Fan shape onto some pink card and embossed in silver,  I coloured a piece of card with distress inks and then stamped the Paisley block and embossed in red and I stamped the Script onto some card and added distress ink and splashes to give an aged look. Finally I stamped the  Elephant onto smooth card, coloured with alcohol markers and fussy cut it out. I then played about with the different pieces until I found a layout I liked before gluing down.


My next card features Here Be Dragons! A great set for children (of all ages).  I started by making a background of mountains with a stencil and then added a moon. I used distress inks and a stencil brush to colour. I stamped the Dragons in Memento and coloured with alcohol markers. I then added some foliage from Wild Meadow and the sentiment.


Thanks for looking
Sandra x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!