Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 1 June 2019

Autumn Glory by Brenda


Good morning, Brenda here and I am delighted to welcome you to our first post of June where this month myself and the team will be sharing our creations using the stamps Lesley showcased on Hochanda TV which included the beautiful new Mushroom House and The Toadstool Garden.

My first share above is a monolith which I treated to a mixture of acrylic paint, distress ink and crackle glaze. I stamped the lovely Chinese Lanterns from Autumn Poppy twice, cut them out and coloured with Kon-I-Noor paint and mounted onto the base, stamped the wording from Acorn House, cut it up and fixed into place.


This is the beautiful new The Toadstool Garden which I stamped with Versafine black ink and coloured in with pencils and added a pale wash of Distress Ink around it, matted and layered and added some ribbons


Here are the lovely Poppies from Autumn Poppy simple stamped in black onto a oxide ink background, I blotted off a good deal of the ink while still wet as I wanted a soft finish. The Poppies are coloured with pencils and the Butterfly stamped again onto vellum, coloured on the back and decoupaged.


My starting point for this one was to use distress inks to create a vintage look and then stamped the fruits from Mellow Fruitfulness using Distress Markers to ink the stamps, spritzing with water before stamping. The sentiment in the middle is from Mushroom House.


Here we have Mushroom House, I machine stitched a pattern around the edges and took my colours from the aqua coloured cotton. The background was created with Pan Pastels, the house stamped with Versafine Clair, stamped again onto coordinating DP's and paper pieced.


My final share for today stamped from Autumn Edges and Autumn Poppy all stamped in black Versafine onto a background of Distress Inks and Gesso and mounted onto coordinating papers which with a die cut edge.
My thanks for your visits today and I hope I have offered some inspiration on using the stamps which you will find over at the web site.


5 comments:

  1. Wow!! How many different and fabulous inspirations!!
    LOVE the monolith, it has a wonderful texture and the beautiful Chinese Lanterns pop so well!!!
    Love also the other cards, with all the mushrooms, fruits and flowers, and especially like the poppies one, it's so impressive and sweet with that decoupaged butterfly! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful array of fabulous cards and all so unique and pretty Brenda. You always manage to come up with great ideas! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful creations, Brenda. Really all beautiful!!
    Corinne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! You are really good at colouring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are fabulous! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!