Pin It button on image hover

Monday 17 June 2019

A Fenland walk by Brenda


Good morning to you all, Brenda here with some more samples using the Autumnal stamps showcased on Hochanda last month.

My top creation is my take on an Autumnal wander in the Fenland fields where I live, the trees are losing their leaves and there is an abundance of fungi to be found underfoot. 

I stamped a piece of card with the trees from Autumn Edges and added some background using Koh-I-Noor paints, a mask for the sun and some hand drawn birds. Next I stamped the Toadstools from the same stamp set, stamping a few more at both ends to extending the line, then I cut around the tops of the central ones and used a die to create a frame (when doing this tuck the bottom of the die behind those you have cut out so that section is not cut by the die). I coloured in with pencils and used foam tape to raise the frame over the trees.


The Artichoke from Autumn Edges was stamped with Versafine Clair and I then used Distress Inks and a stencil to create some background interest, matted and layered onto a die cut hexagonal shaped card.


I have used the trees from Autumn Edges to create a concertina card through the seasons, using various colours of Distress Inks for the background, a mask for the sun and various colours of Versafine Clair for the trees.


I stamped The Toadstool Garden using Versafine black onto an Oxide background, bleached out the colour from some elements of the image and them painted in some of the flowers with coordinating colour.


Mushroom House has been stamped onto a shaving foam background using Versafine Clair, then stamped again onto some yellow DP, but our and paper pieced.


And I couldn't finish this post without including at least one Poppy which is the one from Autumn Poppy stamped with Versafne black onto an Oxide background , bleached out and then coloured in with paint and stencilling added around the image.

Many thanks as always for your visits and encouragement.

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous collection of cards Brenda, can't pick a favorite but I do have a soft spot for the poppy as I adore poppies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful makes. The Fenland Walk is stunning. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six gorgeous cards Brenda all beautifully done and so varied too, but I particularly adore the first with its soft and pretty colouring and such a brilliantly designed and put together scene. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! my goodness what beautiful work on each and every one of your cards, each different and gorgeous.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous walk, I love especially the first card, thank you Brenda!! Coco x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww... How much wonderful scene of Nature!!! LOVE them all so much! That landscape on the top make me feel really in autumn (and thanks for the tip on how extend the line and don't cut it with the frame die).
    The Artichoke hexagonal card looks so different and the concertina with the four seasons looks really stunning and sweet!
    The last three cards are so sweet too, such amazing feels with the bleeding, the shaving foam and the stencilling!! I can't choose a favourite, they are all fabulous and very inspiring!! A lot of techniques here!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!