Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 4 September 2019

welcome home (by veronica)

 Three cards using the lovely Poppy Cottage stamp  - sadly a limited edition stamp from a Kim Moody drawing of Judith's lovely home.
You know I had to use brusho powders at least once, so that is the first one to show, get it out of the way! Simply stamped with black versafine , clear embossed and sprinkled lightly with brusho over the roof and walls then spritzed generously with water. Stamped the sentiment in black then trimmed down to a square. Letters were then die cut from the image - I have a magnetic platform for my big shot, which helps keep the letters in place. A piece of red card was added behind the image, which was then matted onto a light brown card  and then onto a white base card blank. The cut out letters were then mounted slightly offset using foam pads.


Version two I coloured the stamp with  distress markers, spritzed lightly with water and stamped onto white card.It was a rather vague result, so I inked up the stamp with black versafine and stamped again once everything was dry - I use a stamping platform, so no problem matching the image up.
The third version also used the distress pens to colour the image - this time i just huffed onto the stamp to wake up the inks. I used a stamp from the butterfly  poppy plate to create the background, inking with markers again and just stamping part of the stamp

We all loved this stamp, and I suspect you will be seeing it a lot more this month!

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful and Great inspiration for me while I wait for my stamp!
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three beautiful examples using Kim's pretty stamp Veronica, and love the Brushos and then the two distress marker versions, that second with some extra definition and then the third beautifully coloured with them and some wonderful poppy seed heads on the side. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!