Pin It button on image hover

Friday 20 September 2019

Houses of the World Part 2 by Debbie

Hi everyone it's my turn on the blog again today so I thought I'd show you the rest of my designs from the August Hochanda show using the great "Houses" stamps. 
 I'll start with one of my favourites Italian House and for the first design I've given it a spooky Halloween look.
I made a background with Distress inks Rusty Hinge, Barn Door and Carved Pumpkin. I then simply stamped the house using a black inkpad & shaded with a grey brush pen.
I've added some die cut bats & a punched circle for the moon.
To finish I've mounted onto black card and attached to an ivory A5 card blank and added some freehand lines.   




 For the next one I've used Dutch House which I have stamped twice onto white card so that I could 3D the tallest part of the house. I've coloured with pencils and the design itself is made up of a "bridge fold"- if you're not familiar with this fold let me know and I'd be happy to give you details. I've coloured in bright "Dutch" colours and added die cut flowers and punched hearts to decorate the card blank.



Next we have Bridge House and for this I've stamped onto cork using a black inkpad (Versafine). The cork sheet gives a great textured look and is very easy to colour with water based pens. I've mat and layered onto ivory and then Kraft card before attaching to the card blank. I've cut away the right side of the card blank (A5 ivory) and stamped the background with On the Tiles using a Sepia inkpad and added some torn strips of cork to add interest.


Below are a few more of my designs which didn't make it onto the show but I thought you'd like to see. 

Shrink plastic

An 5" x 7" canvas painted with water colour paints

Turret House simply printed over Mica sprays

Thanks for joining me today, see you next month. Debbie


5 comments:

  1. Lovely projects. Thank you for sharing your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful selection of makes using these great house stamps Debbie, from Halloween to shrink plastic, all so diverse. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fabulous samples, anyone is unique, great designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab collection of houses! Tfs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!