Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 8 September 2019

Who Lives in Houses Like These? (By Julie)

Hello, today I have two house themed cards.
My first is a DL card created with the lovely Bridge House stamp.


I stamped the main design onto spare stamping card and coloured with Distress inks and Polychromus pencils. Using a paper trimmer, I cut the design out as close to the main detail as possible and placed on the front of the DL card blank. Using a fine liner pen I carried some of the stamped image detail onto the card blank, coloured with Distress inks and Polychromus pencils and then stuck the panel into place with 3D foam pads.



For my second DL card I stamped The Dutch House onto spare stamping card, before stencilling the rainbow with Distress ink. I made my stencil on a cutting machine, but you can choose how to add yours. I coloured the background with a dotty stencil and Distress ink, before finishing the design off with Chrystal Stickles and a sentiment from The Turret House.
I cut my design slightly smaller than my DL card blank and then edged the panel with Black Soot Distress ink, before attaching to the card blank.

Thanks for stopping by and please call back soon for more Design Team inspiration.

Julie xx

4 comments:

  1. Two fabulous pieces, love especially the first one with the stunning frame, so sweet and delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the panel detail on the first and that sparkly rainbow looks great on the second Julie. Two brilliant creations. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant cards Julie, wonderful colouring and designs, Kate x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!