Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 14 July 2020

A whole lotta Katya by Rachel

Hello there, Rachel here with some more Katys based inspiration from the June shows. I have two pieces I want to share with you this time - including a 'how to' for the second piece.

My first piece is a card featuring the Katya stamp set but also stamps from the Babushka set and the russian egg set.


To create the card I used a piece of A3 card cut in half lengthwise. Then I folded it so there was a larger flap and smaller flap on the front and scored the edges. Next I cut extra pieces of card to fit the two outer surfaces and the inner surface. I then coloured these with distress oxides and added background stamping of the egg. I then stamped up and painted the main images and added the sentiment too.

Next for my round canvas - I was so pleased with this piece...


To create this I did the following: firstly I stamped Katya onto tissue and coloured her in ... I used mica powders but you could use anything really. Paint may have been a better bet.
Next I stamped and coloured the building from the Babushka set onto the canvas then added texture paste I had coloured with mica powders onto the canvas using the dotty stencil. I also added a lot of flicks of paint.

I then added Katya - I had to add more spots as the mica powders from the rice paper flowed around with the decoupage glue.... but I think I got away with it!


Finally I added the words and the border!

I hope you have found that useful and interesting!
Big hugs
Rachel xx





4 comments:

  1. Love both of your samples Rachel, but especially the canvas. Katya is a beautiful stamp xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is WOW!
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two brilliant creations Rachel and love the bright colours using Katya and the Russian dolls, a clever card, and then the canvas using tissue paper for Katya and the mica powders are so sparkly and pretty. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!