Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 29 July 2020

Feathers and Flowers (by Miranda)


Hi there,

Today my last post for July....but I will be doing more posts in August, yeah!

I have used the next stamp sets:
Tangled Garden rubber stamp sheet A4 (only for the small circle between the feathers)

And here the full card......lots of layers......I used many stamp sets but that was not my intention when I started......The idea was only to use the center bauble and the feathers......but along the way I could not stop LOL. Do you recognize that?

It can also turn out to be too much and overdone......but okay it became an abundant party of colour and shapes....


The background was done using distress inks on an acrylic bloc. Then I stamped the bauble using black Versafine. On the left side I stamped the similar flowers from the Floral Notes using Memento Tangelo. On the edges I used a fragment of the 'make your mark' sheet. I embossed all the feathers using Wow gold embossing. Colored them and decoupaged them. Yes, that is a lot of work but worth the effort I think.
I masked the bauble and stamped some feathers onto the background too.
And of course I did some pencil coloring too on the bauble.....




To 'hold' the feathers together I have used the flower center of the tangled flower from the Tangled Garden sheet. But of course you can use other small stamps for that too.
And finally I embossed the dots and circles from the ' make your mark' set.
The word 'Love' is from the Artistic Expressions sheet.



Hope you like my abundant mood today,
have a crafty and lovely day,


14 comments:

  1. Wow! This is stunningly beautiful and very well thought out. I love the colours and the feathers look amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous Miranda and full of interest and colour. I adore the feathers, some stamped and some added over the top, framing the pretty floral bauble and the circular embellishment over the top looks great, and the added background flowers and open circles and spots finish it perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pat, it was fun to create but I almost could not stop adding more.....x

      Delete
  3. OMG, These are just incredible, gorgeous colours and work.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Miranda, a stunning mixture of stamps and the colours are beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful. I just love your use of colour. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!