Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 19 July 2020

Elegant Crocus (by Miranda)


Hi there,

Today my 2nd guest post using an oldie.......but still a beautiful one......
Okay, I agree it is not Spring but Summer but hey who cares........at the moment the weather is more like Spring and I love it!



I had this background for quit a while in my stash......I did create it on heavy watercolor paper using the Derwent Art bars on an acrylic bloc. I always pre wet my paper with these watercolor techniques.
I did sprinkle some coarse and fine salt onto the damp paper and let it dry for some hours. When you sprinkle salt when the paper is too wet it won't create these white areas but you will get dark spots under the salt. And it will take a very long time to dry.
When the paper is totally dry you can wipe of the salt. And it create such beautiful structures.....




Then I stamped the whole image using a violet ink. And colored it using color pencils.
I am still a fan of the Derwent coloursoft pencils. I have many other brands too but still pick these when I am coloring on inky backgrounds.....they have such a great grip on the paper and beautiful pigment.


Hope you did like my take on this stamp,
thanks for your visit and till next week, have a lovely Sunday!














9 comments:

  1. Stunning card, beautiful background and colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Miranda and love the look of the pretty crocus bulb against that inky background. I am looking for some new colouring pencils and will maybe give these Derwent Coloursoft a try. The colours look good and a nice strong pigment too. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pat, suddenly I can comment again......sometimes the internet works in mysterious ways.....I have a lot of different color pencils but still love my Colorsoft......they work very good over inky backgrounds, black and kraft paper........thanks for yo r comments, always like reading them!x

      Delete
  3. You're right about the weather LOL, I love your creativity, it's so very beautiful.
    Take care
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your salted background Miranda and amazing pencil colouring.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunningly beautiful and I love the dreamy effect that you've achieved around the edges x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!