Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 22 August 2020

Hold on to your Dreams and Rainbow Soul by Penny.

Good morning peeps, I hope you are all safe and well.  I'm here with my last blog post, not only of the month but also with the Design Team.  I have left the DT after over four wonderful years with Lesley and David of Chocolate Baroque, and working with the best Design Team.  I shall still pop in on the CB facebook page from time to time though!  I would just like to say a big 'Thank You' to all of you who have liked my artwork and/or left a comment, your support has meant a lot.


Hold on to Your Dreams.

I have used stamps from the Catching DreamsHold On and Katya sets; acrylic paints, Kraft card, alcohol pens, Distress Inks, sepia Versafine ink, gold gilding wax, a wooden circular plaque, a piece of mountboard from my stash, a leather cord and some beads from my stash.          



On a piece of white card I stamped the Katya, feathers and Cacti images in sepia ink.  I then coloured some of the images with pens and some with DIs.  I had stamped several feather images and when they were all coloured I cut out all the images.  I did not need the Russian headress for Katya in this project so I cut it off and replaced it with the feathers.  I painted the wooden plaque and added gilding wax to the edge.  I then attached the Katya and Cacti images to it in 3D. On a piece of Kraft card I stamped the poem by Chief Dan George in sepia ink, cut around it then attached it to the plaque.  I threaded a leather cord through the plaque to hang it by added a couple of wooden beads. 
    


On another piece of Kraft card I stamped the Dreamcatcher image in sepia ink.  I painted the image with DIs and cut it out.  I die cut a circle of greyboard, the same size as the stamped image, then attached the board to the image.  I threaded another piece of leather cord through the dreamcatcher and through the bottom of the wooden plaque, joining the two together,
    




Rainbow Soul.

For this card I have used stamps from the Do Right Always and Hold On sets; pearlescent sprays, black Versafine ink, white gesso, Distress Inks and CB Strip Stencils.



I began this project by creating the background.  I took a piece of white card and sprayed it with three colours of pearlescent sprays. When it was dry I stencilled some circles down one side using white gesso.  I then stamped a sentiment in black into one of the circles.  I matted the background onto black card.          
 


On another piece of white card I stamped and embossed the Totem Pole and Tomahawk images.  I used DIs to colour the images before cutting them out.  On a white base card I stamped feather and plant images using DIs around the edges of the card, creating a border.  I attached the background panel to the card and then attached the embellishments in 3D.   



We would also like to wish Penny well, and to say that we will miss her on the Design Team. Her bright bubbly personality, and vibrant designs have brightened up our day on many occasions. All the very best Penny, 









3 comments:

  1. WOW! what incredible pieces, wonderful work.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an incredible burst of colour here. I have to say that I love the Dreamcatcher x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pieces are gorgeous and love the way you have used Katya and made her into an Indian maiden, and your card with the totem pole is so bright and pretty. Sorry to see you leave the DT Penny and have loved your wonderful creations. Wishing you all the best for the future. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!