Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 15 August 2020

Do Right Always

Hello
I am sharing the cards I made for the Hochanda show in July featuring the wonderful Native American stamps designed by Kim Moody. There are 3 sets to choose from - Hold On, Catching Dreams and Do Right Always.

My first card features the Peace Pipe from Catching Dreams and the lovely verse from Hold On.
First I did a pale watercolour wash to my white card stock.  I then used my stamping platform to evenly stamp the image around the 4 sides, before stamping the verse in the centre. I then coloured with watercolour pencils.


For my second card I made a background with Distress Inks. I stamped part of the dream catcher onto some card and cut it out. I made a mark where I wanted the head dress to go,  I then made a mask for the largest feather and stamped and masked my way around. I then glued the dream catcher part in place and coloured with water colour pens.


For my next card I stamped the Tipi  and coloured with pencils. For the sky, I made up little pots of Brushos in rainbow colours and painted in stripes across the sky. As long as you let each colour dry they keep quite separate.



My last project is a piece of grey board that I randomly covered in gesso and watered down acrylic paints. I added a few stencils in the background and stamped and embossed the Dream Catcher, which I then coloured with water colour pens.



These stamps were a joy to work with, so unusual and great for all colouring mediums.
Hope you enjoy them too

Sandra x

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Sandra. I love the sentiment on the first one and the blue feathers against the vivid orange background on your second card look fabulous. The last two are superb too and I'm blown away as to how lovely the sentiments are. Great artwork x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandma, they were lovely stamps to work with x

      Delete
  2. These are just amazing, images, colouring, sentiments, all truly fabulous.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!