Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 27 January 2021

Black Tag (by Christine)

It's my final turn on the blog for January - I really hope you have enjoyed perusing what I have shared.

I did go ahead with the black tag and embossing as I promised in my last blog. I decided on white embossing powder so that the images would stand out against the black. I stamped part of an image on white board using Versafine Clair Nocturne and then used watercolours as my colouring medium. I triple embossed the white board for added sheen.

I stamped out a sentiment and added it to the tag, using a little owl from my stash to hold it in place. I used a white gel pen and silver Liquid Pearls to add some decoration to the tag itself. Some butterflies from my stash finished off the piece. I think this will go in to my journal with some notes so that I can replicate it another time.

As I am writing this the sun has come out and the snow is disapperaring rapidly - let's hope that Spring is well and truly on its way. Please take care of yourself and be safe.

Silhouette Grasses

Canary Bird Rose


Happy Crafting!

Christine

xx 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Christine and love the sweet little images from the Silhouette Grasses over the black background and the sweet little added butterflies, and the Canary Bird Rose flower on the white board and so shiny triple embossed, and a lovely sentiment with that sweet little owl charm over the top. A beautiful tag. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Gorgeous, I love the white stamps on black with the floral and butterflies, LOVE it.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this black tag, so colourful too! Great technique and so creative use of those stamps!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!