Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 21 January 2021

Floral Collage (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I hope that you are all keeping well. I have a project to share with you today using some of the stamps that were featured on last month's TV shows on Hochanda. 

I created a background using a stencil and a piece of drawing cartridge. I brushed three colours of Distress Ink through the stencil, a blue, lilac and green, to give a soft backdrop for the rest of the design. I added a stamp from the Baroque Ephemera 1 stamp set in each of the four corners, and then stamped the Movie Strip Collage image onto the background. I stamped and embossed the flower portion of the image three times onto a spare piece of drawing cartridge, and coloured the images with watercolour paints.

 I cut the images out, and worked out the positioning of the flowers on the background. Before I stuck them onto the background, I added some extra splats using an image from Butterfly Mind, and a fern leaf from Wild Meadow.

I will be back later in the month with more projects to share with you. Thanks for stopping by, take care,


Judith xx

6 comments:

  1. Oh this is just adorable! Love the stencilled and splattered background, just perfect to match the lovely stamp!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I love the background stencil and the colours you have used. Are you allowed to share what stencil this is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jeanette, you can check out my own blog post for more details: https://poppycottage.blogspot.com/2021/01/floral-collage.html hope this helps xx

      Delete
  3. Such pretty colours through the stencil and love the added background stamping and the beautifully coloured flowers over the top Judith. A gorgeous card! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Judith and I love your stencilled background x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Gorgeous card, love all those colours together, so beautiful.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!