Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 20 January 2021

Concertina Journal (by Christine)

It's my turn again on the blog and this time I am sharing the first three pages in a watercolour paper concertina journal. The Chocolate Baroque items used are listed at the end.

On the opening page, I stamped a number of images and then coloured them with watercolour paints. I then used gold metallic paint to fill the negative space, a technique I really like.

Mackintosh Windows stamp set

Rose and Thistle stamp set

Rose Set stamp set

On the second page, I chose a few Distress Oxide inks and blended them together. I then stamped the images using toning metallic paints (I seem to be in to metallic paints at the moment!?!)

Woodland, Orchard, Glade & Spinney Design A Tree Multibuy

On the final page, I used Distress Oxide Sprays through a stencil and then stamped the images using Versafine Clair in black. I coloured the images using glitter paints and then added some of my own doodles with a black fine liner pen.

Steampunk Birds


 


I am planning my final blog for January as I write this and it will involve a black tag and possibly some embossing powder- still to be decided.


Happy crafting!


Christine

4 comments:

  1. Love the trees - metallic /pearlescent paints are ones you can get hooked on, they look so cheerful! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty concertina journal! Love the Orchard, that tree has a sweet feel with your added details! The metallic paints look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours and a wonderful variety of stamps Christine on this concertina journal and love the colours and the bit of added doodling looks great too. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!