Pin It button on image hover

Sunday 31 January 2021

Sending Hugs (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I am sharing my last post for this month, and once again, hoping that you are all safe and well. 

 

My first card was created using a stamp from last month's TV shows on Hochanda, Floral Grunge, and I have mixed it with a few other images to create a card that could be used for lots of different occasions. The sentiment I felt was particularly apt for now when lots of people could do with a hug, but we cannot give them one.

 

I started my card by stamping the main image onto Drawing Cartridge using Versafine Clair ink. I masked the flower head and then stamped and embossed the film strip from Butterfly Mind. I used the same colour ink, but added clear embossing powder over the top. I added a few extra splodges with a stamp from the same stamp set around the flower head and then removed the mask. I coloured the image using Polycolour pencils, before replacing the mask, and adding more splodges of colour with Distress Oxides to tone in with the colours that I chose to colour the flower head. The sentiment is from Amazing Mackintosh Words.

I am also sharing some older cards that I made using some of Kim Moody's stamps, that were also featured on last month's shows. Sadly I did not have a chance to make any fresh samples with these fabulous stamps, but I thought you might like to see some of these again...

A street made from all of the houses, using a bit of masking, and I added some treees from Trees a Crowd in the background. This was such fun to make!

A moving day, who would not like to get away from it all and live in such a picturesque spot? We live near the forest and love taking long walks in the woods.

White embossing on kraft always looks so effective, especially painted with Koh-I-Noor paints.

This almost spooky version of the Posh House was another favourite sample that I enjoyed putting together with the trees.

I will be back next month with some projects from our One Day Special shows. Thanks so much for stopping by. Take care and stay safe,


Judith xx

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous makes, love especially how you used the beautiful houses with the trees to build the scenes! Amazing works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing set of cards, so much work in them and lots of lovely detail xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four brilliant cards using the wonderful buildings Judith and love them as a row with the wonderful trees in the background, and love the moving day scene with the van disappearing up the hill, and love the white embossed on to kraft and lastly the another single one with the lots of trees carried over from the topper to the background which looks terrific and love the blue and green colour scheme. I mustn't forget the beautiful flower with the film strip on the first too with just a little spattering and so elegant in the pink and blue. x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!