Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 1 September 2021

Celestial Medley (by Judith)

Hello everyone, I have a couple of projects to share with you from last month's TV shows on The Craft Store. Today, I am going to focus on the fabulous stamps from Fiona Randall, comprising of two A4 stamp sets, Celestial and Sacred. If you like mystical, mysterious, mixed up with a bit of fantasy and a little bit of geometric, add butterflies, dragonflies, moths, and great fonts, then you will love these stamp sets. The Design Team, including myself, had great fun creating projects using the stamps, and I am sure that you will enjoy seeing all of their creations over the coming month.

For my first project, I stamped the moth twice onto kraft card, and masked the images before stamping one of the larger geometric images. I removed the mask, and coloured the images with pencils. I added the script, and attached the kraft card to a card blank.

My second project was a series of three little chipboard panels. I covered them in Chocolate Baroque Black & White Papers Series 1, using matte medium, and then when they were dry, I covered them with acrylic paint in shades of yellow, orange and red. I stamped the butterfly, moth and dragonfly onto smooth stamping paper, and coloured the images with pencils. I then cut out the images, and covered them with Versamark before embossing them with clear embossing powder. This gave them a glazed finish, and made them more durable. I stamped the background of each panel with one of the geometric images using orange Archival ink, before attaching the insects. I stamped the sentiments onto a separate piece of card, and edged them with a hand drawn border.

My final project was a quick card using a gelli printed background. I added an embossed moon and words using white embossing powder. I stamped the stars using white ink randomly over the background, and added Autumn Medley stamped in second generation stamping at the edge of the background. I coloured this image faintly, adding lots of white pencil, as if she is illuminated by the moonlight.

Thanks for stopping by,

Judith xx




3 comments:

  1. eautiful cards, adore the last one xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb cards Judith and I especially like your fist one. It's beautifully CAS and the design looks fabulous against the Kraft card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful inspirations! Love especially the cards with butterfly, moth and dragonfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!