Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday 21 September 2021

Christmas Rose Wreath (by Judith)

 Hello everyone, I am sharing my final post for September with you today, showcasing another of the stamp sets featured on last month's TV shows. I have chosen to pick one of the little worker stamps from the Christmas Rose Script stamp set to create a wreath. These are always popular projects, and I enjoy making them.

I drew an oval lightly onto a piece of kraft paper with pencil and a die, before stamping the image several times. I used Versafine Clair in a dark brown tone. I added a sentiment in the middle from the Holly Script stamp set. I cut a couple of masks for the little flower image, and moving around the oval, I added some sprigs of foliage from the Robin the Spruce stamp set to fill in the gaps, moving the masks as I went along.

I coloured the flowers with pencils, starting with the lightest colours first. Finally I added some white dots with liquid colour to lift the whole piece. You could use white acrylic paint to create this effect.



Thanks for stopping by. Take care,

Judith xx

4 comments:

  1. This is on of my favourites from the new Christmas collection. Love so much the delicate feel of the pink on kraft and beautiful garland, great use of the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful wreath Judith and love the added foliage to fill it out and looks great on the kraft card. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning effect with the pencils. A gorgeous card.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!