Pin It button on image hover

Thursday 8 December 2011

ATCs on a Canvas

When the Textured Fragment stamps arrived I immediately thought playtime. These stamps are so useful and fun to use not only with paper and card. I've decorated beads, buttons and used with air drying clay.
I started my project by cutting my ATCs and chose a selection of Distress Inks. I coloured the cards and then stamped the main images from my selection of stamps that are firm favourites.
Dawn Chorus Wise Owl Teeny Weeny Trees

Our Design Team Buddy Judith regularily posts on her blog to encourage using stamps from your stash.



I used Jet Black Archival Ink as I wanted the image to stand out. I had fun stamping the fragments around the edge of the card. I mounted each of the ATCs onto black card as the backs were rather messy when I'd finished colouring. I took advice from Lesley W as I wanted to show them off to there best and she suggested putting them together, big thanks Lesley.
I had a canvas that had been painted at least 6 times. I covered the center with paper from Echoes of Italy paper pack. The longest part of this project was arranging the ATCs as I kept changing my mind where each one should be.
I have a selection of ATCs that are dotted around my room and I'm planning on creating a couple more canvas's to display them.

I certainly can see the benefit of having these stamps in my stash and hope you can take some inspiration from the DTs ideas.

Debbie

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful collection of ATC's. Beautiful stamps, layout and colors all together ont he canvas.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely selection Debbie and just love the way you have used the texture stamps and great way to display ATC's, thanks for sharing. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are definitely on my wish list for after Christmas lovely work :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These ATCs are gorgeous Debbie I love the way you have displayed them

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really like this idea Debbie. A great way to display those favourite ATC's.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beatufull ATC , love ATC and want to exchange ,with mine, if you are interested, I love these ATC very much beautifull stamps and background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb backgrounds for the images & I love the central halo of colour behind each image - a lovely idea to have them all on one canvas with the background of the canvas carrying the theme of texture through.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!