Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 3 December 2011

Peacock Texture Card (posted by Judith)

When I received the 'Background Texture' stamps from Glenda, I was quite excited, because I could see lots of possibilities with these stamps. It is a really useful stamp plate, giving lots of options for texture and layers in backgrounds, and a chance to experiment with things like clay and UTEE, that we perhaps don't use very much.

For my first project, I started off fairly safely using one of the background stamps to recreate the look of the salt backgrounds that I like to make so much. I coloured a piece of watercolour paper with Ecoline ink, and then embossed the stamp using a copper embossing powder.

I then took three domino sized pieces of Stampbord, which I taped together with masking tape, and coloured with inks, before stamping with another one of the texture stamps. This one reminded me of the markings on a peacock's feather, and so I used a toning backing paper from the Artylicious Peacock Summer Party CD to finish off my card.

As I put my card together, I added a sentiment from the Artistic Affirmations set, and used some copper card and teal ribbon to bring the whole thing together. I edged the Stampbord pieces with a Krylon pen, and split them up slightly.

Keep checking back to see what else my team mates have made using this fabulous stamp plate over the next few days. Thanks for stopping by, Judith xx

8 comments:

  1. Judith this is so beautiful and elegant. Love the background and the texture. Lovely and beautiful.
    Lovely greet and a nice weekend
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Judith and more items for my wish list||

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card Judith - would never have thought about the peacock markings, but you are right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shall have to investigate that salt background technique. Love the teal with copper combination & the striking combination of that textural spash hinting at the paisley patterns, & those peacock marking which I'd not seen. Superb the way the stampbord textural panel echoes the copper embossing too. I shall have to go investigate the Artistic Affirmation........
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Judith, I love the colours you've used. I can see peacock feathers in this too.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card I love the colour combo you have used

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really beautiful, I love the colour combination and the stampboard pieces.Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Judith that is fabulous love the texture stamps and have just ordered them. Love your colours. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!