Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday 28 December 2011

Shabby Steampunk

Hi, I hope you've had a lovely Christmas and the big chap in the red suit has been kind to you. If you're anything like me you'll be ready for a change after all those Christmas cards. The new Punky Romance stamps were a real breath of fresh air when postie popped them through the letterbox. I've used a tissue paper background stamped with the harlequin stamp for this card.




The large focal image is a really stunning stamp and I've triple embossed it adding some holographic EP to the final layer for some sparkle. I've also made a backing paper by clear embossing the rose stamp from Punky Romance and inking with Dusty Concorde distress ink. Die cut cogs and vellum flowers made with Crealies 18 finish the card off.

Keep checking back as my teamies have some truly beautiful projects with all the new stamps
Claire xx

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful Claire and a very very beautiful background. Love it
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  2. A brilliant combo of pretty with steampunk - love it and it is good to see something which isn't a Christmas card. I've seen enough of those for a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew this was one of yours as soon as I saw it, it's fab and whoever gets this one is indeed a lucky person.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning - love it!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this one, tho steampunk isn't my scene! - maybe I am slowly getting converted...........

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Claire. I love the colour, it's my favorite. The combination of butterflies and flowers on this stamp make it so fiminine.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never used tissue paper before but am totally intigued by your "frilly" edges & how soft this looks. The colours are wonderfully soft too & the pearls with the cogs just a lovely touch.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautifull card, Claire, I like the background and the colours very much, it seems very difficult to me, to make such a background!! I would like te try it sometime too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Claire, love the colour and the stamping. The vellum flowers look so delicate. Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card ! Love the colours and design !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!