Pin It button on image hover

Friday 30 December 2011

Harlequin Gift book and Necklace (posted by Judith)

Hi Folks, well as the big day draws near, and we start to think of the New Year ahead, I'd like to wish you health, happiness and lots of great crafting in 2012!

I'd like to show you a project that I made with the fabulous Punky Romance stamp set from Chocolate Baroque. I wanted to create a card and gift in one with these fabulous stamps, using a softer colour palette than I did for my last project. I created a book card, using sections of card folded and glued, to make the insert, and then created a cover, using kraft card. I stamped the harlequin butterfly image onto white card with a creamy white embossing powder, which acted as a resist, over which I applied some ink in different shades of plum and lilac.


I overstamped the cog stamp with a deep burgundy, added some cream lace, and a velum butterfly, again embossed with the creamy white embossing powder. A sentiment from the Butterfly Dreams stamp set completes the cover.



I added some lace to the inside of the book card, matching he lace on the front, and made a necklace to pop inside the niche. I chose some lovely deep purple pearls as the base of the necklace. I used a domino sized piece of Stampbord, which I stamped with Stazon, to pick out part of the harlequin butterfly image. I coloured the Stampbord with the lilac and plum inks again, and then etched details of the butterfly wings using a Stampbord tool, to add highlights.

So that completes my gift set, I hope that you like it! Keep checking back to see what my other team mates have made with this fabulous stamp set, and I'll be back with something else that I have made later. Judith xx

9 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous and you know how I like my jewellery too - can't wait to get my hands on these stamps. I must have a go at one of these box cards - a great idea to give jewellery as a gift in this way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how beautifull and elegant, a beautifull gift to start the new year?? Nice colours I like the whole thing, thanks for showing us this peace of art!!!

    Kind regards
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely idea Judith - great way to give jewellery! love the colours you used too

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful and fabulous again. Like the jewellery and the stamps are beautiful. like the colors.
    Lovely greet
    Marja

    ReplyDelete
  5. How delightful. I love it all but necklace is particularly gorgeous.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea for a gift Judith. A lovely necklace in a beautiful keepsake box. I love how feminine this stamp set is.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thew ay you overstamped with the deep magenta is so effective combined with the mauves & lilacs. I love how the vellum stamped butterfly perches on the lace & just helps to draw the eye to picot edging of the lace which echoes the patterning on the butterfly wings. The Stampbord tile is a joy made into the necklace.
    Paula (PEP)
    All the best for 2012

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous stamping on the book & the gift box is beautiful too - wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous love the stamping and book and also the lovely jewellery. Suexxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!