Pin It button on image hover

Saturday 31 December 2011

Dandelion Clocks (posted by Judith)

Hi folks, here's another project that I created from the Punky Romance stamp plate from Chocolate Baroque. I wanted to make a bright and cheery card, using the dandelion clock stamps on the stamp plate. I really like the style of these stamps, and the stems of the dandelion flowers feel a bit Art Nouveau to me. I chose to team them with the  Shapeabilities: Ornate Artisan Tags & Accents die set, as the corners were an almost perfect match.

I created a watercolour background, using various orange and red Ecoline inks. I then placed a large cog mask over the top, and sponged Distress Inks through the mask. I also stamped the two single dandelion clocks randomly over the background. I used a spare piece of the background to stamp the main image, before die cutting it with the die. I chose to use black card as a striking contrast to the orange tones on my card, and added Glossy Accents to the centres of the dandelion clocks. 





The Shapeabilities are available from Chocolate Baroque, they are a great set teamed with these fabulous stamps. This was a very bright card for me, but these stamps really pushed my boundaries, and I have loved using them.

Keep checking back for more samples from the other Design Team members using these new stamps, and a Happy New Year to you all, Judith xx

5 comments:

  1. A wonderful bright and cheery card on such a miserable morning Judith. The more I see these stamps the more I fall in love them.

    Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely bright card to greet a rather dull day. Love the combination of the oranges and pinks with the touches of black.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the way you have used those corners to accent - don't they just match? I love your use of black & the lace adds such a sense of opulence. I too am getting terribly excited about using the Steampunk images. Your background is such a beauty with the cogs showing through & accenting the dandelion clocks.
    Paula (PEP)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this card the dandelion images look great

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card Judith love the colours . Suexxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving a comment - it brings a little ray of sunshine into our day when we know our work is appreciated!